How do I become a registered voter in Avalon?

Any person who is at least 18 years of age on Election Day, a citizen of the United States, or a naturalized citizen, and a resident of the City of Avalon can register to vote with the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk by filling out a Voter Registration Form. If you move, change your name, or wish to change your political party affiliation, you must re-register to vote. You must be registered to vote at least 15 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election. (NOTE: AB 1436 may allow registration up to and including the date of election if certain requirements are met.) Registration online at

Show All Answers

1. How do I become a registered voter in Avalon?
2. How to I go about becoming a candidate for the 2024 General Municipal Election?
3. Is there a filing fee involved to run for office?
4. Is there a fee for my candidate's statement?
5. Who can sign my nomination paper?
6. What if some of the signatures I obtain on my nomination paper are not registered voters or do not live within the City limits?
7. Where can I obtain information on elections?
8. What happens if I change my mind about running for office after filing the nomination paper?
9. May I change or correct the wording or spelling on my candidate's statement after submission?
10. If I submit a voluntary candidate's statement and I change my mind, may I withdraw the statement?
11. Who is responsible for conducting the Avalon General Municipal Elections?