Report a Concern

The City of Avalon appreciates its resident and visitor population support in identifying issues throughout the City. 

Life Threatening Emergencies

For emergencies, such as fires, rockfalls, and other immediate threats to public safety, call 911.

Code Enforcement Violations

Call 310-510-0220 ext. 111 to report a possible code enforcement violation or submit one of the following complaint forms: 

Transient/Vacation Rentals

Residents who wish to report a nuisance related to a short-term rental in their neighborhood may call the Planning Department, 310-510-0220, ext. 116, email us, or submit a Transient Rental Complaint Form. Residents can leave a voice message or send an email including the rental address, the nature of the nuisance and any other pertinent details.  Planning or Code Enforcement staff will respond to the calls the next business day. Residents needing more immediate assistance, should call the Avalon Sheriff’s Station at 310-510-0174. As always, in an emergency, residents should call 911.

The Transient/Vacation Rental Complaint Form is also available in Spanish

Road Closures, Traffic and Emergency Conditions

Call 310-510-0220 to report:

  • Environmental spills, including sewer spills, wastewater spills, and other flows into the storm drain system or onto any public street
  • Pipe breaks, including water mains and gas lines
  • Downed trees
  • Potholes, missing or broken street signs on City streets

You can also visit the News Flash for the latest updates on traffic incidents and emergency conditions. To receive immediate notification of emergency situations, or traffic, utility, weather, beach, or health advisories, sign up for the City’s E-Notifications. Enter your email address and, if you wish to receive any or all of the information via text message, enter your cellphone number. Then select the email and/or text options next to those categories in the News Flash.

Water Conservation Violations

To report water use violations including excessive use of water, or water being wasted due to broken irrigation pipes, malfunctioning sprinklers, faucets left running, or other practices that may be in violation of water conservation regulations please contact Southern California Edison at 1-800-367-8851. 

Los Angeles County Sheriff Department

Call 310-510-0174 to reach the Avalon Sheriff’s Station for non-emergency situations.


To ask a question or report a problem with this website, email Avalon Webmaster.