City of Avalon Background Image

Hazardous Waste Materials

Hazardous materials are not accepted at the landfill. Residential hazardous waste can be taken to the City of Avalon Household Hazardous Waste Site, located across the street from the Sewage Treatment Plant in Roaring Canyon on the way to the dump.

Avalon Environmental Services is contracted to accept residential hazardous waste at no charge:

Wednesdays and Saturdays from noon to 3 p.m.

Call (310) 510-0240 with questions.

Hazardous materials include, but are not limited to, TVs, computer monitors and other E-waste, motor oil and filters, batteries, pesticides, fertilizers and weed killers, paints, thinners, stains and varnish, chemical dyes, drain cleaners, household cleaners, commercial cleaners, solvents, auto or furniture polish, antifreeze, compressed gas cylinders.

For materials such as road flairs, fireworks and sparklers please contact the Avalon Fire Department for proper disposal. Call (310) 510-0203 with questions.