Assistance for Businesses & THEIR employees
We are continuing to collect resources for our local businesses. Below is a list of links for individuals and businesses looking for
assistance at this time:
GRANT OPPORTUNITY FOR SMALL BUSINESSES!
Visit grants.lacda.org for more information. Grant opens May 13th until May 14 at Noon.
Safer At Home Updates
- Alcoholic Beverage Control the State has released new guidance as it relates to Alcohol Beverage restrictions and suspending enforcement of specific legal prohibitions for businesses that are currently permitted to sell alcohol. These provisions allow on-sale retailers to sell for off-site consumption, sales of alcoholic beverages to go, and permit drive-thru service. For more information on the new State guidelines visit https://www.abc.ca.gov/notice-of-regulatory-relief/
Sharing Unemployment Insurance Program
US Department of Labor
- The Wage and Hour Division provides information on common issues employers and employees face when responding to COVID-19, and its effects on wages and hours worked under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
You can also visit the LA County Supervisor page on the city site for updates on resources for businesses and employees.
Linked here is a list of Resources for California Businesses
- Summary of CA state benefits
for impacted workers: https://www.labor.ca.gov/coronavirus2019/#chart
- State Employment Development
Department FAQs on coronavirus https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/faqs.htm
- CRA: Offers emergency
assistance to California restaurant workers facing an unanticipated
hardship - https://calrestfoundation.org/restaurants-care-application/
- USBG National Charity Foundation,
supporting bartenders and servers who qualify experiencing emergency
hardship - https://www.usbgfoundation.org/beap